Friday, January 8, 2010

ClimateGate Analysis By John P. Costella, B.E.(Elec.)(Hons.) B.Sc.(Hons.) Ph.D.(Physics) Grad.Dip.Ed.

Absolutely AWESOME.

I cannot contain my excitement upon reading this document.

The problem with the LEAKED emails (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH...the emails were NOT "HACKED"; they were LEAKED) is that in their original form, it tends to overwhelm the lay person as "too much data"; all at once.

Costella took the time to go through the emails, examine the data therein, and made it immediately accessible to anyone who comes in contact with said document.

With that being said...I have added the document to my blogroll, but I did not make a posting of this until I had a chance to peruse the 142 page examination of just what occurred behind the scenes.

I woke up with the runs this morning...and I don't believe it had anything to do with my spinach, feta cheese and raspberry viniagrette salad last night; it was more to do with reading about the hugest batch of scumbaggery I have ever seen.

So, without further ado, I present to you, dear readers, ClimateGate Analysis By John P. Costella, B.E.(Elec.)(Hons.) B.Sc.(Hons.) Ph.D.(Physics) Grad.Dip.Ed. - I want to keep this on the top of the page until further notice, and I don't plan to post anything else for the entire weekend...unless we have another "Weiner Bomber" or some such idiocy in the headlines.

I await your comments upon reading this expose. Also, I wish to weigh upon the the concept of "peer-review".

Let's start with a simple equation: "Peer-review" + ideology = SCUMBAGGERY.

"Peer-review" is the process by which scientific discoveries are vetted; one of the points stressed by Costella is that any scientist, given the data and the means for measuring said data, should be able to replicate said results. In this case, you will note numerous examples of obfuscating information where the actual facts are being willfully hidden from those attempting to verify the "facts" bandied about by Jones, Mann, et. al.

In this case, "peer-review" is simply "gaming the system" - all attempts were made to control the data, or, as one of the scumbags himself put it, to "hide the decline".

I hope that this ends any further discussion about ClimateGate not being a real concern for you and I.

No comments: