Wednesday, August 26, 2009

R.I.P. Senator Edward Kennedy (1932 - 2009)

I guess he never tried the hemp oil.

Dear readers, this is indeed the end of Camelot. Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy succumbed to brain cancer after a year of courageous efforts.

I echo President Barack Hussein Obama's sentiments, if not for the same reasons.

I believe that Ted was a shoe-in for the presidency, after JFK's murder and RFK's very recent murder in the pantry of the Ambassador Hotel, NOT by Sirhan Bishara Sirhan, but, IMHO, a scumbag security guard by the name of Thane Eugene Caesar; my opinion is that the voting public would have overwhelmingly put him in the White House...if not for the events at Chappaquiddick.

Exactly what occurred that night? Was Mary Jo Kopechne with child? Was there foul play afoot? Was Ted even present at the scene? None of these questions were answered to any real satisfaction. What we do know is that Ted Kennedy's bid for the presidency ended that morning.

Rest in peace, Ted - I wish you well. Say hi to the boys for me.

No comments: