Sunday, August 3, 2008
The Police State May Be Upon Us (You Think?)
I wish to reprint the 14 stages of fascism with their real-life counterparts, if I can:
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism - "You're either with us, or you're against us.".
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights - "If you have nothing to hide, where's the harm?" Of course, that didn't work for Dr. Bruce Ivins.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause - We have a fifth column in our administration, our work places and our media who are attempting to instill a xenophobic fear of certain people...who amazingly, do not wish to harm us.
4. Supremacy of the Military - There's a video game designed to "connect" the military to the public.
5. Rampant Sexism - Personal example - I saw a woman with a GREAT ASS, and a shirt that said "RIDE THE PONY". She wasn't out of her late teens. Of course, I can control my libido. But how about little girls just being little girls?
6. Controlled Mass Media - Distraction Media...Just watch They Live (We Sleep)
7. Obsession with National Security - What was Yoda's quote...remember how it ends...SUFFERING. The administration can't prosecute computer crackers...how can they purport to keep us safe? Tools.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - AIPAC.
9. Corporate Power is Protected - Exxon/Mobil makes 11.4 BILLION in THREE MONTHS? The pumps should be giving away free gas every other day!
10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Fucking Wal-Mart - I hope they outsource themselves out of business.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - The exhibit attacked in Belgium.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Gestapo Law Enforcement Officers tackling bike riders, breaking legs of citizens who "do not comply";
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Michael Browne, Benjamin Chertoff, Marvin Bush, KBR, Enron, Entergy, .
14. Fraudulent Elections - 2000 (Florida - ChoicePoint disallows and criminalises thousands of Democratic [BLACK] voters); 2004 (Ohio - "Uncle" Ken Blackwell does his massa's duty: Yessah, boss - Ah'll keep down dem damn dirty nigras - did ah do good? [Eats scrap from table]).